Letters of recommendation
Prof. Kempf supports exchange visits at foreign universities, M.Sc. and PhD applications as well as applications for scholarships by issuing a letter of recommendation for the particular program.
Students requesting a letter of recommendation are ought to have achieved credit points from at least one of the courses at our department. The following documents are required:
- Official template for a letter of recommendation in digital format (if required by the institution).
- Letter of motivation, which includes the reason for your request. This may be identical to the letter(s) of motivation to be sent to the respective university/universities.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae. Please include extracurricular activities.
- Reports, including a transcript of your grades obtained at the University of Cologne and other universities, your GPA, your rank within your peer group (Rangplatzbescheinigung), Dean's Award, internship certificates, extracurricular activities etc.
- In case you are planning a semester abroad, we expect you to present a detailed curriculum of courses you are planning to take during that time and an explanation on how these courses fit into your course of studies at the University of Cologne.
In order to request a letter of recommendation, please send your documents, including a list of courses visited at the chair of Professor Kempf, via e-mail to Mario Hendriock. Please ensure their completeness, as academic as well as extracurricular activities only can be taken into consideration in connection with the respective certificates of the letter of recommendation. Hand in your documents at least four weeks before the application's cutoff date.
Current remark: In the time between the 21st of September 2020 and 5th of October 2020, no letters of recommendations can be issued. We would please like to ask for your understanding.